neogeo system
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

BackBit Platinum Cartridge - Un nouveau linker en approche ?

2 participants

BackBit Platinum Cartridge - Un nouveau linker en approche ? Empty BackBit Platinum Cartridge - Un nouveau linker en approche ?

Message  Le Geek du Manchdi Hier à 8:27

BackBit Platinum Cartridge - Un nouveau linker en approche ? Mvs_ca10

Voilà ce que l'on peut en lire sur neo-geo.com :
evietron a écrit:Hi everybody,

Over the last 4 months I've been working on a Neo Geo RAM based cartridge for MVS. While the hardware is essentially done, I have a few things I need to sort out before I make it available for sale.

First of all -- the case. The cases you see in this picture are 3D printed PLA, and take about 5 hours to print on my 3D printer. It's just not something that can easily scale. I think due to the size and aesthetic of the Neo Geo cartridges, they really demand a professional case. I'm currently researching companies I could work with, but I haven't settled with anyone just yet.

Next, there is a question of what users really want from a cartridge. First and foremost my focus will be reliability. That's why I will need a bit more beta testing before announcing an official release. Something the cartridge offers which I don't think is available elsewhere at the moment is fast loading. The largest games, like KOF2003 will load in about 12 seconds. Another feature that may be not so common is support for the link cable (for example, League Bowling or Riding Hero). One beta tester requested USB support, so that is something I can add in the next run of beta cartridges. I'm not sure what USB would be for other than a way to access the SD card while it's still in the cart, but maybe there is another use case. I've confirmed that the cart also works on AES machines, and have not decided whether I will offer a MVS-to-AES adapter or just make a separate AES cart.

Evie c/o BackBit
(source → https://www.neo-geo.com/forums/index.php?threads/backbit-platinum-cartridge.271957)
Le Geek du Manchdi
Le Geek du Manchdi
1000 Mega Shock
1000 Mega Shock

Système(s) : MVS, CPS1/2/3, Atomiswave...

nic034 et NEO FIT aiment ce message

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

BackBit Platinum Cartridge - Un nouveau linker en approche ? Empty Re: BackBit Platinum Cartridge - Un nouveau linker en approche ?

Message  chachabiloute Hier à 10:15

Merci du partage super .

Je suis.
chachabiloute
chachabiloute
1000 Mega Shock
1000 Mega Shock

Système(s) : devine !

Revenir en haut Aller en bas